I’m Maura Shipman, owner of Shipshape Fitness, and I’ve had a life-long interest in health and exercise and the connection between the two.
Although we all know that good exercise and nutrition habits are keys to good health, I understand that practicing them regularly can be a challenge at times, even for the most disciplined among us. I will work with you to identify your health and wellness goals, and develop a unique plan to help you achieve those goals.
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for developing a healthy lifestyle. We each have our own health challenges, activity preferences and varied schedules and responsibilities.
I’m a firm believer that exercise should be fun and enjoyable. I will support and encourage you as you find your own path for wellness and real, healthy change.
Certifications & Education
- Master of Science degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology, Northeastern University
- American Council on Exercise Certified Medical Exercise Specialist
- American Council on Exercise Certified Behavior Change Specialist
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America Certified Personal Trainer
- Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certified
Areas of Specialty
- Peri- and post-menopausal fitness
- Post-orthopedic rehabilitation
- Those new or returning to exercise
- Cancer survivors
- Those living with chronic disease or have completed clinical rehabilitative programs for cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, and musculoskeletal issues.
My name is Sandy. I love music. I love to dance. I love to let go and have fun. That’s why I enjoy Zumba Fitness so much and teaching classes. Zumba is my happy place, where time flies by and I get to lead and join others in laughing our way through a rewarding and fun workout.
Zumba is the ultimate party that brings people (every body, no dance experience necessary) together to engage in the freedom of moving to music that crosses borders and opens doors via Latin and world rhythms.
I initially became hooked on Zumba five years ago as a student taking classes from two talented, joyful and friendly instructors. Their ability to connect people through fitness inspired me to want to do the same, so I become an instructor.
I have been teaching classes since then. My greatest joy is seeing people smile as they work out and relax into the music.
I’m a wife, a mother, an artist, writer and magazine editor. I know how busy life can be. So many of us have days that are filled with work, errands and doing things for others. I’m striving to be the person who gives you a chance to pause, catch your breath, do something for yourself, shake off the day and shimmy your way to your fitness goals.
Certifications & Education
- Zumba Instructor Network (ZIN) member
- Licensed to teach Zumba Fitness and Zumba Toning
- CPR/AED certified